Thursday, August 30, 2007

Curious Things...

Ellie and Olivia LOVE hamsters. They each have one...known affectionately as Sweet~Pea and Tickles. They have a Suite in their closet....they have b-day parties (special homemade b-day cakes required!)...half b-day parties...they e-mail other hamster friends.



Now I know the lifespan of these creatures is pretty short...probably 3 yrs max....but they provide HOURS of entertainment and clean-up opportunities :)....not to mention the cute photo props! The girls save Barbie items...fabric...decorations...anything to use for props. And I'm SURE Sweet~Pea knows how to pose for the camera! Do you think this could count for homeschooling????? :) Animal study? Sewing? Photography? (I'm grasping here!)



We may be having babies in about 8 days....we'll keep you posted! My girls inform me they can have two-SIXTEEN babies!!! (have I talked anyone into trying a hamster yet?? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, my new favorite blog site. Let me know about those hamster babies of course if Patience is allergic we could alway return it right?

S and K said...

Ha, Ha! Thank you for the great information on hamsters. We will be sure to never introduce the animal to our children!!! When they're like 18 someone will mention their childhood pet hamster and my kids will be amazed there is such a creature! Sweet Pea is very cute, but we have a big black lab that has, on numerous occasion, blessed us with a half dead rat on our stoop!!!! Yikes, what would I tell my kids happened to their 2-16 sweet little pets???!!!
-Katy