Saturday, July 26, 2008

16 years and....memories

My "farmer" and I celebrated 16 years of marriage yesterday. He enjoyed the day off putzing and driving his tractor "working". I had some sort of strange bug....I HAD to clean. (my mom is amazed right now :0)
I think I'm nesting for my friend, Sherrie, whose husband is bringing home their son, Enoch, from Liberia tomorrow. I have been cleaning things I never think about and I only do this when we were adopting...or I'm pregnant...and neither are happening! The light fixtures got cleaned...the cupboard with my baggies, Saran Wrap and general "stuff"...ceiling fans (some) woodwork...window sills and some of the fly speck stuff that has been on our ceiling for ??? how long. There is still tons of cleaning that I could do...but that feeling has now passed!
So....after that fun day--Sherrie and her kids came over so the "farmer" and I could go out for dinner. Had a very nice dinner...black fettucine with seafood...yummy salad and bread. I think the last time we were at that restaurant was exactly one year ago on our last anniversary!
This past year was pretty consuming with 5 kids....the long wait to bring home 3 more from Liberia. Now we're still "settling" into the business. Life goes on...busier but we're growing and changing and that's a good thing.

I posted a clip to Steven Curtis Chapman singing "our song" from our wedding day. My brother, Chad, actually sang it for us. I remember a train going by during our outdoor wedding (wouldn't recommend doing that in Iowa in July!) It had rained buckets the night before...and even though we were married at 11am it was super muggy and hot. It stayed dry during our wedding and reception and almost on the dot when it was over it started pouring rain again.
I had forgotten to pick up Dave's ring from the jewelry store before the wedding so had to send my brother on that quick errand before it started. Dave isn't wearing his ring in our wedding picture :0 What a day!

2 comments:

HopiQ said...

Happy anniversary!!!

16 years??? Could it be that long?

I remember how beautiful your wedding was! Ivana and I teased Chad mercilessly about messing up your song. He covered well, but we were so mean. We loved the horse and carriage. So very romantic!

Heart4Adoption said...

Happy Anniversary! Outdoor weddings are so beautiful:)