Monday, March 16, 2009

Random Happenings at Our House

Well Spring is almost here and it's finally starting to feel like it outside. Of course that means we'll get another snow or ice storm. But today we pulled out shorts for the kids. They tried talking me into the hose squirting on the trampoline but I nixed that idea.

The other night Carsen was talking in his sleep. Normally he goes back to sleep or comes to our room to tell us about his dream. This time he walked to our door and stopped. I kept still hoping he would go back to bed. All of a sudden I hear the sound of running water (rather pee) He had pulled down his pants in his sleep and was peeing on our bedroom carpet! I sat up and said rather loudly "what in the world are you doing?" I followed him back to bed and again asked him what he thought he was doing. He was sound asleep! I was laughing (somewhat) to myself thinking this is a story we'll tell for a long time. He thought it was hysterically funny when I told him what happend the next morning.

Lentil soup: We have a huge pot of soup that never diminishes. It's like the story in the Bible of oil and flour...it never ends! It's not that we hate it. (I'm starting too)
We've had it for lunches and dinners. I've sent it to work with Dave. I've reheated it for dinner when we had friends over (ha! Sherrie) It never got eaten. Tonight we ate it over pasta. I was certain there would be no leftovers. Wrong! I think the chickens will be enjoying nice lentil soup tomorrow for breakfast.

A friend and I were e-mailing tonight about Spring and some fun ideas we could do with the kids. She mentioned doing big Easter egg hunts after Easter because all the candy is 1/2 off. I tried to top her cheapness.
We took the day off today with the nice weather and just played/read outside.
I started wondering what I did that was "fun" today. I really struggle with that. The only thing I came up with was going on a walk/bike ride with the kids and picking up beer cans along our gravel road. Does that count for a fun, spring homeschool activity? Saving the environment? Going green? Anyone? At least I didn't call it our Easter egg hunt.

No comments: