Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The "Attack"

Today is the day I "should" have started school. But...I don't even have all the kids' math books ordered yet. (I did get closer and actually looked at the website and called our homeschool assistance program so they can order the Teacher's books/cd) I'm more stuck on "how do I get our daily life organized" right now. Isn't that just like Satan to attack something so seemingly simple and basic? There have been fights/attitudes/disobedience....and we haven't even started "real" school yet.

Last night we heard an amazing speaker, Norm Wakefield from Elijah Minstries (www.spiritofelijah.org) We left encouraged....to encounter God...to turn our hearts towards our children....to fight the good fight.

Today I feel pierced to the core and defeated. This is just too important of a battle to give in to though. So I will not listen to the lie of "how in the world do you think you can handle MORE children??" Instead I will believe God's truth that the work He started in me He WILL COMPLETE....that in my weakness, HE is strong.

A simple song we've been listening to today by the Weissman family says "Commit, trust, delight and rest." (the "Fret Not song") A simple message. The power is in the Holy Spirit....I will do more asking...and more believing...and more resting.

God...please make tomorrow better than today! And give me YOUR wisdom.

7 comments:

Tama said...

Your blog is great, good job!Thanks for sharing!

Just A Family said...

Ok tomorrow is going to be better...
Hang in there.

Loved your blog.
Robin
campbellshope@blogspot.com

Just A Family said...

Ok my kids Loved the pictures of the hamsters...That was way to cute.:)
Robin

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you were going to start a blog! It's great and the pictures of Sweet Pea crack me up. See you Saturday night!

Love,
Nicole

Heart4Adoption said...

Great blog! I will look forward to more great stories about breadmaking:) My kids loved the hamster pictures! Tanya

S and K said...

May the Lord encourage you with such great joy in your journey and such amazement in this adventure on which He has led you! He is faithful to provide when we follow where He guides!
Love,
Katy

PS... your blog is great!

Diane Larson said...

We are larsonquest.blogspot.com. I am Diane and I was just checking out other Iowa families in the adoption process. We are waiting for a referral. I am frustrated because we have not heard from Donna, or anyone else at AoH, since we sent in our application and dossier. They would have received it over 2 weeks ago, though I know Donna just got back to the US, I am just so anxious to hear something. We live in Waterloo but we have 40 acres between Strawberry Point and Elkader. My husband is a definite farmer wannabe. He is very into prairie restoration, etc. My sister lives in Cedar Rapids. Maybe sometime we could get together. Our kids are Jake 15 and Noelle 11.