Friday, August 8, 2008

When Adoption Was Just a Thought...

(this was e-mailed to me from Dave this morning)

I just stumbled across this email. This was almost three years ago.




From: Teresa Cechota [mailto:redbarnusa@juno.com] Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:39 PMTo: Dave CechotaSubject: wondering...


I know you don't have time to e-mail me know on this. But what are your thoughts on adoption? I do not know if it's something we should do or not...it's really not anything I've considered before. And I don't want to be doing it because "everyone" is doing it. But I've been thinking alot about doing things by FAITH...stepping out of our COMFORT zones...and I'm all for wanting to provide a child with love and security and tell them about Jesus. I would love to rescue a child out of poverty, disease, despair, hopelessness and death. I can hardly think about how many of them are living lives of prostitution, abuse and starvation. It about kills me. We have some much here to offer in our country that we so take for granted. Medical care..more food than they have seen in their life time...clothes...warmth.
Just think and pray about it.
I told Jenny I would love to have her out and invite some ladies from the baby sitting group and open it up to other who have been reading her e-mails but don't know her so they can see the movie they made. I don't want to make an emotional decision but it is one.
I e-mailed Jenny that all the kids in the MOMS group are going to start asking for a brother/sister from Liberia for Christmas! Maybe we just forgo Christmas and some other things and use that $ to give life to an older (I'm thinking 4 or over child)
I don't know when/why I even starting thinking about this...I guess after hearing Jenny talk about what the kids live like in Liberia and how passionate she is about helping them because she's been there...made me think how easy we have it here and how hard it is there....and isn't saving a life worth it?
me

Guess I needed to read this today as we just hit our 6 month mark of having the kids home!

No comments: