Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Second Job...

I'm on the night shift now. I walk around the farm yard briefly looking for things askew...or strange sounds. Tonight on patrol near the barn I heard a frantic meow from one of our little kitties. I was thinking maybe it was trapped underneath the barn so I brought some food over hoping to lure it out somehow. Then I heard scratching and more meowing. I finally figured out it was coming from underneath the lid of a charcoal grill we have sitting in our barn. Poor little thing came scrambling out pretty hungry. I do think he must have been in just today. I'll never know because "no one" did it. Didn't think anyone would fess up when I asked....although I do have my suspicions. And he's 5. We do love animals. Yes we do. Some of them just don't show it in the nicest ways.

No comments: