Thursday, July 2, 2009

This is SUMMER in IOWA???

Today is July 2nd. We were having a heat wave last week but this morning's temp is a cool 57. Haven't been to the pool all week. The kids are going through withdrawal...so am I!!! We even had chili last night for dinner and it actually hit the spot.
I'm looking forward to a warm up soon. Love that hot, humid Iowa weather.
We're off to family camp today. The kids think it's as good as Disney Land (well...they've never actually been there but I tell them it is) But it IS pretty exciting and we have a bunch of good friends going. I think the Liberians are going to overtake the camp someday :) There will be 18 Liberian kids there this year. Exciting.
Packing is a chore. So much bedding, towels and clothes!!! I'm not a big camping fan, but this is not REALLY camping. The food is excellent, teaching is always good, friendships are wonderful and activities galore. It's a little slice of heaven (wrapped up in Iowa weather!)

2 comments:

HopiQ said...

Whilst waking up this morning, you came to mind. I was hoping you'd be there and I would get to meet your kids. I'm so excited about the fellowship and all the good things I love about the conference! We'll be coming in late tonight!

From Five to Eight said...

So good to see you Hope! Your children are beautiful!!!