Monday, July 6, 2009

We survived!

We made it home from camp and had a great time! I think camp is actually more of a vacation than our "vacations" because I don't have to think about meals for 2 WHOLE days!! The speaker was an 84 yr. old gentleman with a very funny sense of humor. I left with a stomachache after each meeting and convicting thoughts on seeking God.
He reminded me of one of the actors in the movie Grumpy Old Men. What a heart for serving the Lord!

We have piles of laundry taller than me. I think I'll be running the machine the next 2-3 days! Every set of sheets, blankets, swim and bath towel was brought along. I don't think we came home with anything clean. But that's camp.

We really enjoyed having a few CR families join us this year. Felt almost like our adoptive mom's retreat :)

Love talking to old friends and seeing the babies/children of the babies I use to hold. Nothing makes me feel older than that!

I had to laugh when I heard a friend told one of my daughter's how "cool" I was in school growing up and she thought she was a nerd. I had just been talking to someone else about Michael Jackson and admitting that I actually wore a glove on one hand...for a few short weeks. Really cool, huh? :0

Today is beautiful and I know my garden must be full of weeds. Off to work outside. My daughter might be posting some pictures on her blog of the weekend. Check on www.jumpinferjoy.blogspot.com
I didn't take any pictures!

No comments: