Monday, August 10, 2009

After Vacation Breakfast...

We are down to almost nothing in our refrigerator after our trip. I dread the grocery store right now. We have no oatmeal (the kids were happy about that one!) No eggs, bread, bananas, very little milk. It's not pretty. I was pretty certain I was out of coffee. The Lord blessed me and I found a bag that Chad had brought me from Brazil. It will be a GOOD morning :)

Breakfast today:
One bowl of Malt-O-Meal (I squeezed 3 Tbl. out of the box)
1 packet instant oatmeal (not sure how old it is)
A few lucky ones got milk with their cereal

I thought about thawing out some hamburger buns if we're desperate.

Josie and Carsen were out in the garden picking raspberries this morning. Smart kiddos.

I'll be heading to the store soon armed with a long list....or at least heading to the store. My head isn't ready to make lists yet.

Lord, I do just thank you that we have food. Even if we didn't we could jump in the car and go buy some. So many, many others have nothing this morning...or the morning after...or after that. God bless those that have nothing this morning. Fill them up and move us to help them. To know we have much...and others nothing...and not do anything about it is sin. Move us from complacency to helping and loving others with our wealth.

No comments: