Monday, August 31, 2009

Week #2

The kids have lunches and backpacks packed and are ready for Dave to bring them to school. So far everyone is still excited to go :)

Everyone has a little bit of the grumpies this morning. Not sure if it's because it's Monday or if they are a little nervous today. This will be their first full week of school. They all have GREAT teachers which I'm so thankful for. Josie's First grade teacher even came up to me Sunday with tears in her eyes because she felt bad about moving Josie to Kindergarten. We're totally fine with it. We need to start her out with a good foundation.

This week should be beautiful! I'm thinking of canning the rest of my tomatoes today and freezing green pepper. First time canning by myself. We'll see if I'm brave enough to attempt it.

The girls are going horseback riding this morning. We brought home another trail horse named Honey from the stables. She's old and safe for the kids. I love seeing them ride together. Vertigo has been doing really well trail riding.

Olivia babysits this afternoon. The girls start play practice Tuesday night for the Wizard of OZ. I think they'll have a great time.

Dave got an old barn board with hooks put up on on the back porch. That really helps with coats and backpacks. Love the look. Still need to keep organizing. I got another laundry basket of Good Will things to drop off. (although kids keep pulling things out of it!)

Dave's been working on the swingset/fort. It will be great when it gets done. Seems like weekend fly by and not much gets accomplished though.

No comments: