Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a Crock

Dinner's cooking in the crock...marinated garlic porkloin. If it's good I'll post the recipe. Super easy and I have another 1/2 loin in the freezer for another night. #8 of pork is a huge piece! The recipe calls to split it into thirds...but with our crew I chose to 1/2 the recipe. Probably serve with rice and salad. (I'm still researching rice cookers!)

Baked potatoes and chili for lunch. That should be quick, easy and filling. Not what I'd choose to eat on a nice warm day...but it works.

Boiled 18 eggs for snack or breakfast tomorrow.

Olivia and Carsen let our new chicks outside and are supervising them. So cute to see Carsen sitting by the fence throwing food to them.

Chloe and Josie are playing "old-fashion" dress-up.

Ellie is reading Little Women.

Not sure where Marie, Caleb and Isaac are...I think down playing by the pond.

Lest you think I have it all together here's how our morning really went:

1. cold cereal for breakfast
2. laundry folded but stacked on the back of the sofa and on the sofa (from yesterday)
3. inside chores are not all done
4. I'm still in my pjs
5. the two boys assigned to washing/drying/putting away dishes got into a water fight (in the kitchen) Pushing and hitting each other...ending up in tears.
Correction administered. And there's still dishes in the sink.

When part of the morning goes well...the other part falls to pieces. Not sure there will ever be balance! At least we'll have dinner tonight.
Off to a chiropractor appointment soon.

No comments: