Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Doings....

Isaac posing in Batman t-shirt
Carsen in camo chef hat
Marie and Chloe

Josie and Chloe

Christmas Day was spent leisurely opening gifts, drinking coffee and eating the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls. Yum!! My little brother and I laugh that first-born parents are probably the only ones that make each of their kids wait and take turns opening gifts :)

We let the kids play with small gifts all afternoon and then brought out the big gift...the Wii. Wish I could have gotten a video of Caleb....unfortunately he was jumping so high his head was cut off in each picture I took of him!!!

Other happenings were: Sushi making with Aunt Cynthia and a "late" visit from Granny and Grampa. They are super cautious drivers and reluctant to come even in good weather. So they started out in rain which turned to ice. They arrived over 3 hours late (should have taken 1.5 hrs driving their speed) We almost called the State Patrol!

Now for the tree to come down...ornaments to put away....needles to sweep up. Oh..and more groceries to be bought. Ba-hum-bug!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we do make the kids take turns opening gifts; I'm a first born and Wes is a middle child ....

You guys look very happy :) I've very impressed with all the cooking you are doing while raising 8 kids! I think I would just throw P&J sandwiches at them everyday! We miss seeing you guys!

Donna