Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good News....and Winter Fun

I just received an e-mail this morning from my Mercy Ship contact. They are pulling out of Monrovia soon so I didn't really expect them to find out any info on the kids' birth father. BUT...below is what we just found out. I know the prison isn't safe, there's shortage of food...but I'm glad he wasn't one of the ones killed or out on the lose running for his life either. God has him in a place I'm praying he'll hear more and more of the gospel from those who minister in "prison fellowship".


Hi Teresa,

Kevin from our Prison Fellowship Team met Tokpa on Saturday. He's still in the prison, and seems to be doing OK - good health, not too skinny, and not too depressed.

Olly


The kids have been having fun ice-skating on our frozen driveway. The gravel roads are just as bad so I'm glad to stay home this week (although I am going a little stir crazy!) I'm considering taking everyone rollerskating Friday afternoon. I've had enough practicing tying all the ice-skates!

They have been spending hours outside sledding even thought it's 13 degrees out today! I guess they don't mind the cold.

We started out with 2 decent sleds. Now each is broken in half (through various sledding spills!) so there are four pieces that they take turns using. It was fun watching Olivia, Marie and Caleb yesterday. They push and push until they start sliding and tried to form a pyramid while doing it. I hope the chickens and the dogs stay out of their way!

No comments: