Wednesday, January 14, 2009

By George...I Think She's GOT It!!!

Marie can read the page below!
(I really don't like this book. Never have finished it with
anyone! But if it's working for her...we'll keep doing it)


Marie, Isaac and Josie have been in our home almost a year now. Marie has prayed nightly to be able to read...and she IS finally reading! (double pump arms up in the air!!!)
I almost pulled my hair out with a huge Dick and Jane book last month. I was sure she was just memorizing words because she could say them in one sentence...and on the next page she would say something totally off (it still happens sometimes) But she is really, really reading and we're SO proud of her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Marie!!! I noticed she was recognizing words when she read to me at Christmas but to have it all fall into place is so exciting...and a confirmation to you that your hard work & patience is not in vain. Hang in there, Mama!!!
Love, MOM

chadmander said...

Great! I'll look forward to bedtime stories read to me next summer.

Hugs to all the kids (and parents).

Uncle Chad