Friday, January 16, 2009

Up, Up and A-"weigh"

Marie asked this morning if she could weigh herself. I've been holding off on bringing them into the Dr. until:

a) our new insurance started Jan 4

b) it's closer to the very first Dr. visit they had so I can see how much they've all grown

I had jotted down on a piece of paper their weights the first week they were home.
Marie was 61# (kind of light for a 10 yr old don't you think?)

Well...this morning the scale said almost 81#. Can it be she gained 20# in just under a year??? I'm sure she's grown at least 3 inches. We've noticed the most dramtic change in her size....the other two are really growing as well. Josie still looks like a little thing to me though. She's 6 and her 4 yr old brother is heavier than she is. She will have as many 2nds or 3rds (turds as they call them :) as everyone else...although she is finally realizing her tummy hurts when she eats that much!

I'll post official weights after their yearly check-ups. Can't wait to get the shots all done!

2 comments:

Tama said...

51 to 81 is 30#'s not 20...So that is really amazing! Joy only gained 11#'s but grew 7 inches this year! She was in size 5-6 when she got here and is in 7-8 now. It was like she just shot up after her surgery! Amazing what a little nutrition will do for ya!
Did you see my comment on your Oatmeal recipe? You can email me at tamacover@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog! Your kids are just beautiful. Congrats on the weight gain. Josh gained five pounds the first week he was home (went from 12 pounds to 17 pounds). The doctor couldn't believe it and had to weigh him a couple times. That boy can eat! Great to put a face to a name.
Maralee